Complete Care of Fractures and Joint Damage
Orthoforte gives your dog the structural energy he needs. It contributes to bone and muscle building and keeps them strong.
Musculoskeletal injuries and complications are frequent in dogs. Being sporty and agile, they often tend to go beyond their limits and meet with accidental injuries. Some do meet with accidents like being by vehicles or fall down from roofs etc. The damage may be beyond one’s imagination, however everything now has a cure and treatment.
During such accidents, fractures are common which may incomplete or complete. Incomplete fractures are comparatively minor and quick healing as the bones remain in place. The can be treated with a cast (Plaster of Paris; POP) where the affected limb is immobilized for 4- 6 weeks.
Complete fracture have non- union of bone fragments, and may need prosthetic devices which are surgically implanted in or over the broken bone to bring the bones together. The main techniques use are- pinning, plating and wiring.
- Fractures (incomplete and complete)
- Post- operative care of orthopaedic cases
- Musculoskeletal pain and inflammation following surgery or injury
- Anxiety and debility during recuperation
- Reconstructive surgery
- Osteoarthritis or suspected cartilage damage
- Horsetail extract (Equisetum arvense)- It contains considerable amount of calcium and other constituents. It is believed to be useful in healing of the bone fracture and connective tissue injury.
- Bamboo extract (Bambusa arundinacea) reduces inflammation at the site of fracture and related parts. It contains benzoic acid, traces of cyanogenic glycoside and silicon substances which helps accelerate fracture healing. It also supplements calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Lucerne (Alfalfa) extract (Medicago sativa) is anti- inflammatory and has a pronounced effect on joint injuries and in osteoarthritis. It is a rich source of calcium, a major component required in fracture healing and bone integrity. Lucerne has Potassium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Magnesium, besides vitamins- A, B12, C, D, E, and K. Alfalfa is one of the richest plant sources of protein.
- Veldt grape extract (Cissus quadrangularis) is known for promoting fracture healing. The plant contains a high amount of Vitamin C, carotene A, anabolic steroidal substance and abundant calcium and phosphorus. The anabolic steroids act on estrogenic receptors of the bone, and markedly hasten the rate of fracture healing by influencing early regeneration of all connective tissues involved in the healing and quicker mineralization of callus. Itstimulates metabolism and increasing the uptake of Calcium, Sulphur, and Strontium by the osteoblasts in fracture healing. Cissus quadrangularis causes less amount of tissue reaction in the fractured region leading to optimum decalcification in the early stage, with minimum callus formation, thus facilitating just sufficient deposition of calcium to join the two broken segments of bones and reducing healing time with higher tensile strength in lesser time.
- Catclaw extract (Uncaria tomentosa)- Peruvian Catclaw has powerful antioxidant properties, its alkaloids binding with free radicals, stopping redox reactions (oxidation and reduction reactions) before they damage other biomolecules. Catclaw inhibits NO production by iNOS in macrophages thus reduces inflammatory response. The sterols, quivonic acid glycosides, and oxindoles suppress inflammation and enable the development of healthy joint function and structure. Lymphocyte proliferation, modulation of cytokines, suppression of the biomolecular pathways of inflammation and redox reactions or a combination are known to be the mode of its action. Catclaw can protect cartilage. Loss of cartilage is a defining feature of osteoarthritis, and it sets in when the rate of cartilage breakdown exceeds that of its regeneration.
1gm per 10kg body weight, once daily continuously for 7 days. Administer mixed with food.
1g measuring spoon included