Tame the Aggression and Anxiety!
Aromatherapy by topical balm is well- known concept for the treatment of anxiety and depression in dogs. It has been found that dogs respond even better than human beings as they have more advanced sensory receptors. On application, the heat of the body heats the balm and starts emanating aroma. The fumes enter the blood stream through the lungs (inhalation) or skin (topical application). They reach the limbic system, which is the seat of emotion, memory and learning, besides emanating a physiological response.
Dogs express anxiety and depression by whining, destructive tendencies, snapping, short- temperedness, excessive drooling, howling, depression, tachycardia (increased heart rate), uncleanliness, aggressiveness, tremors, self-mutilation, barking to distract, abnormal hair loss, and tail- chasing.
Aggression during mating season, lightening sounds during rainy season, fireworks in celebrations, going to new boarding and grooming places, trip to clinic or a hospital, traumatic injuries, dog fight or dog- bite, addition of a new pet at home, training sessions, competition, adoption and separation from the family, puppy weaning, long travel, boredom, bringing of another pet, changes in the environment, or a general hyperactive behaviour are some of the other reasons.
CanEase is a topical application made as a balm to be applied inside the ear pinna to provide relaxation to such dogs. The dog becomes calmer which could be as quick as 10 minutes after application, and the effect may last for approximately 4-8 hours according to the dog’s condition.
Some important herbal extracts in CanEase that make the difference are as follows-
- Roman camomile hydrolats (Chamaemelum nobile) is extremely calming, a muscle relaxant, anxiolytic, spasmolytic and helps reduce stress, anxiety, and insomnia. It is also used against rashes and redness, acne, and soothes sunburns and burns.
- Lavender hydrolats (Lavandula hybrida) is calming and relaxing to the muscles, and is good for various skin problems, skin irritations, itching, and it also has wound healing properties. It is perfect for dogs in fragile condition, like puppies, older dogs, dogs with weakened immune system.
- Bitter orange hydrolats (Citrus aurantium var. amara) is very calming to the central nervous system (anxiolytic) and can help relieve stress. It also gives great digestive support – it helps relieve bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Marjoram (Origanum marjorana) is known to produce pronounced calming effect through aromatherapy. It reduces undesirable behaviours of intact males. It is pleasing, smooth herbal fragrance, calming, antispasmodic effects and strongly antibacterial. It repels insects.
- Grape seed oil (Vitis vinifera) is a strong antioxidant and relieves stress due to the presence of carotenoids such as lutein, beta-carotene and polyphenols. The grape seed flavanol/procyanidin compounds may act as similar as reductones by donating electrons and reaching with free radicals to convert them to more stable products and terminating the free radical chain reaction. Antioxidant activities of viniferawere also assessed by their capacity to prevent Fe2+-induced lipid peroxidation in microsomes and their action on Cu2+-induced lipid peroxidation in low-density lipoproteins. Astringin, a stilbenoid present in V. vinifera, is endowed with an important antioxidant effect and a higher radical scavenger activity.
- Castor oil (Ricinus communis) strengthens the immune system of dogs, relieves fungal infections of the skin, reduces inflammation in the skin, moisturizes the skin and reduces irritations (such as hotspots), keeps fur coat clean and repels ticks and fleas and soothes skin allergies.
- Frequent aggression,
- Distracting activities
- Self- inflicting behavior
- Anxiety due to fear or insecurity
- Separation anxiety
- Feeling of ignorance
- Aggression during mating season
- Destructive behavior
- Tail biting
Roman chamomile hydrolate (Chamaemelum nobile), Lavender hydrolate (Lavandula hybrida), Bitter orange hydrolate (Citrus aurantium), Marjory (Origanum), Grape seed vegetable oil (Vitis vinifera), Castor oil (Ricinus communis), vegetable gums; no added preservatives.
Directions for usage
In the event of a stressful situation, apply a dose of the product inside each ear pinna.
Following treatment with CanEase, the dog becomes calmer which could be as quick as 10 minutes after application, and the effect may last for approximately 4-8 hours according to the dog.